Construction Phase – Consulting and Monitoring – Commissioning of Building Enclosures (BECx)
We collect data in the field, conduct field observations, perform quality tests, review submittals, and monitor construction in progress for conformance with the approved submittals and good industry practices. In the field, we provide standardized traceable reporting, and periodically generate list of outstanding items.
In the field, we provide standardized traceable reporting, and periodically generates list of outstanding items. However, construction progresses quickly, and nobody benefits from a report filed after the condition has been already concealed. Therefore, we exercise the proactive approach by informing the respective sub-contractors about discovered problems and offering assistance in developing mitigation plans.
We also help contractors, and owners identify unclear design intent requiring a request for information (RFI) and assist architects in responding to RFIs. We analyse architectural specifications and offer advice regarding the contractual obligations and scope. Kaz’s post about the Spearin Doctrine deals with some of these issues.
The typical scope:
- Bid and submittal reviews, substitution analyses,
- RFI development and research
- Waterproofing compatibility research
- Proactive monitoring of construction in progress,
- Witnessing QA and QC tests and verification of procedures,
- Air, water, thermal, and structural testing,
- Construction dispute resolution,
- Construction defect evaluation,
- Negotiations with contractors,
- Ownership transition (take-over) assessments,
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.